Big Dales Place

Whats up in the world with Big Dale and his family

Monday, October 01, 2007

Fall Color Fest

Well any way I know I havn't posted in a while so what better time than now to do so. On Saturday I went over to John Muir for the Fall Color Fest.This has to be one of my favorite events just because it is only a half hour away from home. Well any ways I decided to break out the single speed for this " EVENT". i thought that since this would be the first time I had raced this bike I would wimp out and only do the 10 mile. So after seeing all the rest of the "events" start it was time to go. So when the man yelled go I went. Had a good start hanging on in about 3rd to the start of the red loop. Downside was I was only riding 2 to 1 so off went like 8 more guys. I fall to around 12 or 13th. So we get to the blue loop and with the hills I start picking up more positions. The traffic from the 20 mile race was picking up at this time. So after passing what seemed to be about 20 people I get passed by the first female in the 10 mile and I decided to pick up the pace. I get back by her in the sandy pines when she came to a dead stop. So zoom there I went. Well ok she held my wheel for the rest of the race but couldn't get around me. We pass by a course marshall and he tells us we are in the top 10. I was like wow. So up the hills I went. I felt great Imanaged to climb every thing. So I come in to the finish and there the guy at the finish they tell me that I was in the top 10. Cool. So after results are posted 4 hours later I find out that I finished 8th over all and 3rd in the singlespeed class. So this weekend its off to Shevegas for the last race of my year. Hope this weekend is as good to me as last. I need some real help to finish in the top three this year. I need a 3rd or better or a DNF or bad race from at least one of the clydes. Not going to mention who he has had enuff bad luck this year. No matter what happens congrats to every one this year its been a blast. Lets hope to see you all back next year when I am no longer a Clyde and I am racing my new singlespeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger bubba said...

Did you decide to get a nice bike from Gunnar?
In the correct wheel size I hope.

29....29....29....29....29....29..

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cool Stuff
View a collection of Digital Photos View my Photo Gallery
Free Photo Albums by Bravenet.com
Other Peoples places
Bike Shops and Races TODAYS POLL
Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com Free Vote Caster from Bravenet.com

Click for Janesville, Wisconsin Forecast We Ride To Enjoy The Cruelty We Can Inflict Upon Ourselves